February 03, 2021
The Hospital Finance Podcast: Complying with ONC Info-Blocking Rules
In this episode, we are joined by Matt Michela, President and CEO of Life Image, to discuss the ONC’s new info-blocking rules and what they mean for providers.
Highlights of this episode include:
- Background on the ONC info-blocking rules and why they are increasing the urgency around interoperability concerns.
- What repercussions and fines can providers expect from not following the ONC’s guidelines?
- Why there is a reliance on older technology, such as CD-ROMs, to exchange data and images between providers and patients.
- Examples of compliant alternatives to CD-ROMs.
- What cost savings can providers see when moving from traditional media to digital?